- Health Department of the Catalan Government
- Hospitalet de Llobegat (Barcelona) (Spain)
- 0 Years, 0 months.
- EE (Active measures), Energy Management
- 6 years
- 1773229 (kWh/ m2/ y)
- Energy service agreements (EPC, ESC)
- > 8.000 m2
EE (Active measures), Energy ManagementThe following measures were implemented. MCEs Electrical Energy savings: MCE 1: Replacement of highly used lights by LED technology. MCE 2: Installation of presence detectors in corridors. MCE 3: Installation of crepuscular sensors in outside corridors. MCE 4: Replacement of lights in parking area by LED technology. MCE 5: Installation of a new Chiller of 700kWf and its connection to FSSB collector. MCE 6: Installation of one chiller in the epigenetic zone. MCE 7: Performance improvement of Chillers of Therapeutics Zone. MCE 8: Reduction of pressure in the compressed air pipes. MCE 9: Feed the washing tunnel of the FSSB kitchen with heated water from Solar thermal. MCE 15: Optimization of Electric Transformers performance. MCE 16: Solar filters in windows of 2nd and 3rd floors oriented to SE and SW. MCE 20: Heat recovery in the ‘Climavenetta’ Chiller in Hematology department. MCE 22: Installation of frequency converters in FSSB pumps and improvement of performance of the current ones. MCE 26: Improvement of efficiency of Air Handler Units motors with higher power. MCEs Natural Gas savings: MCE 13: Improvement of Kitchen performance which use gas. MCE 14: Improvement of the Gros calorific potential (kWh/GCP/day/ contracted). MCE 18: Reduction of temperature in supply piping heating circuit. MCE 19: Improvement in leveraging solar thermal energy for DHW (Domestic heat water) in FSSB. Improvement of isolation in the DHW room. MCE 21: Disconnection of 3 tanks of DHW not needed MCE 23: Optimization of time set points of AHU (air handler units). MCE 24: Optimization of time set points for fan-coils. MCE 25: Optimization of temperature set points of supply in AHU. MCEs Water savings: MCE 10: Exploit of water from tanks by fluxors. MCE 11: Replacement of water taps by other with pressure button. MCE 12: Optimization of performance of watering (irrigation).
- > 8.000 m2
- 8 to 10
- Natural Gas Boilers
- Gas and electricity
Before After 13.566.592 kWh 10416254 6.243.763kWh.
Total Investment: 700000
% of own resources: 0
% funded: 0
Energy service agreements (EPC, ESC)
Investment Financed 100% by the awarded ESCo, under the EPC scheme
- Procurement procedure
- Increased employment
- Lower emissions
- Outreach and awareness
- Improved quality (# of people affected)
- Other social benefits
• Increased employment: 5 employees • Lower emissions: 1469 ton CO2/Annualy • Improvements to public budget: Iinformation not available. • Outreach and awareness: Published a video on this specific EPC project. • Improved quality (# of people affected): The quality of environment for sportmen and workers improved. • Other social benefits: Increasing employment, economic growth, environmentally friendly energy source, increased value, Improved energy balance of the local environment, increased security and reliability of supply of thermal energy.
Yes, for energy audit. In fact the audit was performed by an engineering company and that work was outsourced by ICAEN who was the facilitator
• The ESCO has developed a M&V plan to report savings and a third party company (Engineering company), contracted by CAR Sport Complex checks for savings • Last report for the savings (2016) have stated the following figures: Savings in ____ Guaranteed ACHIEVED Energy (kWh) Economic (€) Energy (kWh) Economic (€) Electricity 3.150.338 364.400 3.122.715 361.205 Natural Gas / Fuel oil 1.773.229 78.873 1.171.854 52.124 • Total tons of CO2 emissions avoided has been in 2016 of 1016
A facilitiator team in ICAEN is dedicated to promote and foster EPC projects within the public buildings of the Catalan government. The term Energy Performance Contracting (or EPC) is a business model in which a site owner outsources energy services to a third party for a defined period. This means that energy is supplied and/or comprehensive energy saving measures are implemented by an energy contractor, rather than by the owner. The energy contractor is a specialist service company that takes on all of the tasks (e.g. planning, construction, financing and operational management of a heating plant) as well as the risks associated with the energy service.
- No Attaachments Found