- Agriculture Department (‘Generalitat’ of Catalonia)
- Barcelona (Spain)
- 0 Years, 0 months.
- EE (Active measures), Energy Management
- 4 and a half years
- 125445 (kWh/ m2/ y)
- Energy service agreements (EPC, ESC)
- 1.000 m2 < X < 4.000 m2
EE (Active measures), Energy ManagementImplemented the following energy efficiency measures: MCE-1 Replacement of general lighting system in: corridors, laboratories, halls, offices. MCE-2 Replacement of circular wall lamps in stairways. MCE-3 Replacement of lamps and integration in the bathrooms movement detectors. MCE-4 Installation of presence detectors in laboratories MCE-5 Installation of a control system for the building’s primary air renovations. MCE-6 Installation of a tracking system for monitoring electrical consumption and temperatures. MCE-7 Training and awareness to all people working in the building. MCE-8 Replacement of current faucets by other ones with timers. MCE-9 Replacement of toilets by other ones with double discharge tank.
- 1.000 m2 < X < 4.000 m2
- VRV system
Before After 673579 572542
Total Investment: 40000
% of own resources: 0
% funded: 0
Energy service agreements (EPC, ESC)
Financed 100% by ESCo.
- Procurement procedure
- Increased employment
- Lower emissions
- Improvements to public budget
- Outreach and awareness
- Improved quality (# of people affected)
- Other social benefits
• Increased employment: 2 employees • Lower emissions: Still not known as savings report will be soon presented. (should be around 35 ton CO2/Annualy, estimated from guaranteed savings and baseline of the Museum) • Improvements to public budget: The precise information is not available at the moment. We will get it after completing heating season (after getting information about bill amount) • Outreach and awareness: Increased public awareness in energy efficiency • Improved quality (# of people affected): The quality of work and residence for the teachers and students it is significantly improved. • Other social benefits: Increasing employment, economic growth, environmentally friendly energy source, increased value of the properties, Improved energy balance of the local environment.
The energy audit was outsourced ICAEN’s team was advising and facilitating during the whole preparation of the project and during the tendering process.
The ICAEN team is facilitating EPC projects on any Public building of the Catalan government. Soon will be published a guide for EPC contracting for the whole Catalan buildings. The term Energy Performance Contracting (or EPC) is a business model in which a site owner outsources energy services to a third party for a defined period. This means that energy is supplied and/or comprehensive energy saving measures are implemented by an energy contractor, rather than by the owner. The energy contractor is a specialist service company that takes on all of the tasks (e.g. planning, construction, financing and operational management of a heating plant) as well as the risks associated with the energy service.
- No Attaachments Found